UK Trip: Update 5 | July 21-22, 2014

Monday, September 1, 2014

UK Trip: Update 5

July 21: Warner Bros. Studio Tour // Harry Potter Studios
The day began with Morgan being really frustrated and in a bad mood for a variety of reasons. After we got our travelcards, we walked over to a local cafe to get breakfast/lunch that we could eat on the train. I got a ham and cheese panini and some chips (fries). Once we got our food, we began our 2 hour train journey to Warner Bros. Studios. Once we got to Watford, we found out that we weren't in the zones anymore, so we had to get an extension ticket for about £3. They were really nice about it and they could definitely tell that we had no idea what we were doing, so we weren't fined or anything. After we got our extension ticket, we had to pay another £2 to get on the Harry Potter Studio Tour bus.

We got to the Studios pretty early, so we looked around the souvenir shop (it's very expensive), and roamed the lobby. They had photos on the walls of the main actors/actresses. There was two photos for each of them, an older photo (from the first/second movie) and a photo from one of the last movies. It was really cool to see how much they have grown up since the movies began being filmed. 


Once the clock struck 4, we were able to queue up and go into the tour. We were moved into the theatre where we watched a video that Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint made that told us about the tour, the sets, the props, and fun stories about when they filmed here. After watching the video, we moved into the Great Hall, which is phenomenal. The ceiling isn't actually enchanted, but it was still cool to see the Great Hall in person.




After leaving the Great Hall, there is a massive room where a bunch of different sets are located. Umbridge's office, Dumbledore's office, the Gryffindor Common Room, The Burrow, and the Potion's Lab, just to name a few. I had already been to the Studios before, so I didn't take very many photos. I enjoyed just being about to walk around and see more of the detail that went into the sets. 






Once we got through the inside sets, we went outside and got our Butterbeer. I have no idea what happened, but the Butterbeer was not good that day. It was really watered down and had a tangy, carbonated taste. It was not what I remembered, so I was very disappointed. 



After roaming outside, we went back inside and saw drawings, models, and concept art that happened before the movies. The amount of artistry in that room was phenomenal. Once we saw all of the smaller models, we went into the room where the Hogwarts castle was. This Hogwarts Castle was used to shoot all of the outside scenes. The castle itself was extremely detailed and you could just tell that it took a lot of time and effort to create. 

Once the tour is over, you are let back out into the souvenir shop. We had the movie passes, so we went to the cafe area and got our hot dogs, popcorn, and drink (which was included in our passes). Once we ate, we went back to the theatre and got to watch The Prisoner of Azkaban. I had never seen the movies on the big screen, so I really enjoyed it.  It was also really cool to see all of the props and sets that we had just seen, be used in the movie. I'm a nerd and think about things like that. ;)


After the movie, we got the bus and then train(s) back to my dad's house. The tour was amazing the second time around and the coolest part was just seeing where the actors/actresses spent 10 years of their life. It really was their "home away from home".

July 22: Nothing But Thieves Concert // Camden Town
 We got another late start today, but what else is new. Haha. After waking up around 2pm, we went to Chimichanga's and got "TexMex" nachos. They were really gross, so I have no idea why Morgan and Haley liked this place so much. After partially eating the nachos, I went to McDonald's and got some food. After eating, we left for the concert in Camden Town. I had only recently heard of this band, so I was excited to see them live. I had also been wanting to check out the local music scene, so I was stoked to finally get the chance. 


We thought we were going to be late, but found out that the show didn't start until 2 hours later, so we went down the road to Costa and got "dinner". I got a frozen lemonade drink thing and a triple chocolate muffin. What a healthy, well-balanced dinner, right?! Hahaha. 


After our "dinner", we went back to the venue and caught a few songs of the opening band, Gallery Circus. They were really good. Nothing But Thieves came on after and I was blown away. The lead singer had a great voice and they all had wonderful stage presence. 



Once the show ended, we began our journey back to my dad's house. When we got on a bus to get to the train station, I tripped and skinned my knee pretty badly. I also hurt my shoulders/arms when I grabbed onto the railing. The bus driver definitely thought I was drunk, even though I hadn't been drinking. Haley said his face was priceless. 


After embarassing myself, we got on a train and thought it was going to skip our stop, which was slightly terrifying, but we were able to get off there. Once we got back, my dad made us late night pancakes, which were sooo good. :)

Let me know in the comments if you've been to any concerts lately and who you saw. I love hearing about new bands. :)

Thanks for reading.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment