New Year, New Me

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Repost from http://born-to-ramble.tumblr.com/post/71831918753/new-year-new-me





January 1, 2014 – 2:32am 


I know everyone says this, but I’m actually going to reinvent myself this year. I’ve already begun by not putting myself down and trying to be happier. This is my life and I want to live it as fully as I can. I’m 20 now; I’m no longer a teen. This means I need to be responsible and grown up. I’m turning a new leaf as this year begins.
 
Here are a couple resolutions that I am setting for myself…
My first resolution is the basic “Get Healthier” spiel. My apartment complex has a 24hr fitness room and I plan to take full advantage of it. I want to get healthier and be happier with myself and how I look. If you know me, you know that I am a very insecure person. I want to be on the elliptical for at 
 
My second resolution is to spread happiness to everyone I meet/come in contact with. There is way too much negativity in the world and I want to combat that. I just want everyone to be happy and living life to the fullest. I know there is no way of actually knowing if it’s working, but I just want to do my part and hopefully make a few people smile.
My third resolution is to not be so negative towards myself. I am putting the voice inside my head to rest. No more putting myself down. I may get sad sometimes, but that does not mean I have to belittle myself. It also doesn’t mean that tomorrow can’t be better.
 
My last resolution is to do stuff outside of my comfort zone. Now I don’t mean traveling because I’ve done so much of that last year that I am pretty comfortable while traveling. I mean meeting more people at my college and joining a club or two. I have not done that in the year and a half I have been at school and I think that’s why I have been so miserable at school. This year, I am going to do my best to be more open and friendly.
 
So yeah, these are my resolutions. I am also going to be starting a ‘Good Things 2014’ jar. This is where I will write things that happened throughout the year on little scraps of paper, so next year I can look back and realize all the good things that happened in a year. It also puts things into perspective and will help me look on from the bad things to the good things
 



Thanks for reading. xx




No comments:

Post a Comment